Forums For Sale Aurora is for Sale

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Fontaine
      Participant

Dear Friends,

Dolores and I, now having reached our 9th decade of life, have reluctantly concluded that it is time to part with our beloved Aurora which has provided so much pleasure to three generations of our family for the past 22 years. She is currently being advertised by an online broker but we have retained the right to sell her ourselves, commission free, so long as it is not to someone procured through the brokers efforts. We are hopeful that we might find a good home for her through this forum.

Aurora is a 1980 Pearson 424 ketch, hull # 94, with her original, well running Westerbeke 60 engine, Walter RV20 V-drive, a Luke feathering prop, and lots of engine spare parts. She has a Garmin GPS, Autohelm 7000 auto-pilot and Raytheon radar/chart plotter with C-Map charts covering Nova Scotia to Bermuda and Bahamas. Having once been equipped for offshore by a previous owner, she has a throwable horseshoe with mob pole and light, a sea anchor,lee cloths/boards and plywood closures for settee storage lockers. Recent investments in new equipment include the following:
      2015 – Neil Pryde Trade-winds Spec. mainsail and genoa; Raymarine i50 depth and speed, with i60 wind; West Marine 10′ RIB (equipped with older 15 hp Mercury).
      2016 – Two group 24 engine/windlass batteries.
      2017 – Two group 4D gel house batteries; Force 10 stove/oven/broiler.

Please write to svaurora@cox.net for full description and equipment list

Boat is located in Narragansett, RI

Asking price is $69,600. We encourage serious buyers to come have a look and make offers.

Phil Fontaine

Attachments:
      1. SV-Aurora.jpg

2. Main-Cabin.jpg

3. Cockpit-Looking-Aft.jpg

4. Deck-Layout.jpg

5. Aft-Cabin-Double-Berth.jpg

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.