Forums Announcements Chesapeake Bay meet-up flotillas?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Dunphyje 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Rich Harris
    Participant

Are there any regularly or otherwise scheduled 424 gatherings on the east coast? Would be nice to meet other owners to compare notes, brag about our boats and commiserate about our misfortunes and 424 shortcomings.

ewanoleary
    Participant

I’d be happy to host one in Mattapoisett, MA in August.

Ewan

RichCarter
    Participant

My wife and I have attended several of these over the years and would really enjoy meeting up again. The last one was Point Judith RI. There was one in the Chesapeake that I missed, a bit far from Salem Sound MA. Mattapoisett is a beautiful destination and we’d love to meet up but I think our cruising plans take us down-east this summer. If our plans change however we’ll try to make it.

Rich

Ryan Doyle
    Participant

We would love to meet up as well, although our summer cruising dates are still up in the air. We are based in NYC and will likely head to New England for a few weeks in July or August.

If anyone organizes, please keep the list posted.

Rich Harris
    Participant

Not sure if we can make it up to Massachusetts this year but it is on our cruising plan for the future.
    We just bought our 424 and are still in the process of bringing her up from Florida to Solomons MD. She’s being repowered (unplanned) right now and by the time I get her here I’ll be short on vacation time for this summer.

David Siegel
    Participant

We would love to meet up with other owners. We expect to be cruising in southern New England for most of July, but hope to make it up to Maine by August.

figie47gmail-com
    Participant

Hi All,
    We are based in Yorktown, VA and will be heading to Port Washington, NY, LI the last week of June. Will be spending a few week in P.W. before sailing down the sound to end-up in Newport, RI first weekend Aug. for Jazz Fest. Love to meet-up with other 424 owners anywhere along the way.
    Ron Feigenbaum
    S/V Patricia Bess

Also looking for crew to help me sail back to Yorktown end of Aug. via. outside.

Ryan Doyle
    Participant

Hi Ron,

We are based in Sheepshead Bay in NYC. There’s a chance we will be cruising LI sound that week, but if we are in the city, you’re going to sail right by us.

Happy to share some local knowledge if you’ve never been up this way.

Drop us a line if you’d like to meet up – ryanpdoyle (at) Gmail.com

All the best,
    Ryan and Kathleen
    1983 424 Ketch
    Juniper

James Ward
    Participant

Hi folks,

My wife and I will be rehoming Sola Gratia (nee Stardust) hull #4 from Trappe MD to Hayes VA over memorial day weekend. We purchased her in November and she has been on the hard through the winter getting as much of an overhaul as we can mentally and financially handle. The 4 hour drive each way from our house combined with limited time off of work available has kept progress at a slow pace on weekends. Alas the yard blocked her 1/3rd of the way forward from the aft end of the keel and we didn’t see the damage until last weekend. She’s being reblocked and having a repair made, we will overbuild the snot out of that keel post relocating. At present we are expecting to anchor in Solomons island on may 24th or 25th, then subsequent days likely take layovers near Reedville and Deltaville but haven’t finalized the float plan. Any input is welcome as I have mostly only sailed in the lower bay. We will be shadowed by my father on his Seaward Eagle 32rk so his SOG and our draught and mast height are the limiting factors.

James and Kristie Ward

Dunphyje
      Participant

dunphyje dunphyje@aol.comHide
      To announcements announcements@pearson424.org

J & K,

In November we also bought a 424 located just south of you In Cambridge MD. (Yacht Maintenance yard) Bel Cato.

It looks like we will just miss you as we are based out of Cape Charles Va. and are also doing the drive back and forth.. have much to do before we put her back in the water and head south.

I think you talked to a good friend, Chuck in a Pearson 367 located in Cambridge about your V Drive.

(Small Pearson) world… have a safe trip..

If you are ever in Cape Charles.. please look us up… We have a shop called Drizzles..

John & June Dunphy

serendipity 81
    Participant

Hey folks, it appears we will have 5 possibly 6 424’s in the lower Chesapeake, around the first of June.
    Serendipity’s home is Crown Point marina in Hayes, VA.
    I could host a get together using the marina facilities for those interested in attending.

Chad Robinson
    Serendipity

Rich Harris
    Participant

Would love to attend but I’m committed to take family to the NAS Patuxent River Airshow on the boat on the first weekend of June. Anyone would be welcome to anchor out with us if it’s good. We’ll be in Lord Baltimore’s Bay across from Solomons Island right on the edge of the exclusion zone. I plan to anchor out on Thursday evening 31 May and stay there for the weekend.

This, of course is all contingent on getting Gambit up from Florida the week before.
    Rich and Sherry.

figie47gmail-com
    Participant

Jan and I would like meet up in or around Crown Point first weekend in June.
    I can be reached at figie47@gmail.com

Attachments:
    1. 4415103_20130718064219142_4_XLARGE.jpg

James Ward
    Participant

dunphyje dunphyje@aol.comHide
    To announcements announcements@pearson424.org

J & K,

In November we also bought a 424 located just south of you In Cambridge MD. (Yacht Maintenance yard) Bel Cato.

It looks like we will just miss you as we are based out of Cape Charles Va. and are also doing the drive back and forth.. have much to do before we put her back in the water and head south.

I think you talked to a good friend, Chuck in a Pearson 367 located in Cambridge about your V Drive.

(Small Pearson) world… have a safe trip..

If you are ever in Cape Charles.. please look us up… We have a shop called Drizzles..

John & June Dunphy

Yes we did, I seem to have misplaced his card though. Turns out our vdrive is still in serviceable albeit refurb ready condition. We have had some delays as the yard blocked 1/3in from the aft edge of the keel
    with the to be expected results. They are doing repairs but with the rains of late fiberglassing has been a tricky scheduling issue and our transit southbound has been delayed.

James Ward
    Participant

Hey folks, it appears we will have 5 possibly 6 424’s in the lower Chesapeake, around the first of June.
    Serendipity’s home is Crown Point marina in Hayes, VA.
    I could host a get together using the marina facilities for those interested in attending.

Chad Robinson
    Serendipity

Kristie and I can arrive by land if Saturday works otherwise we may have to look at later in the season.

All,

If there is interest in something later this summer, Site Admin is interested in supporting, and flying in from wherever he happens to be 😉

Site Admin

rdugger
    Participant

John and June
    We sail Eclipse out of the Mobjack Bay. We go to Chucktown frequently, mostly staying with Smitty at the Oyster Farm. We’ve been in your store several times. Nice place and yummy stuff….
    Recently moved our boat from Mobjack to Wilton Creek off the Piankatank.
    Rick and Andy
    Eclipse

Dunphyje
      Participant

R & A,
      We just had a visit from Kristie and James in the shop.. on their way up to Trappe to their boat… Please say hi the next time you are in Cape Charles so we can talk “Pearson”.. And put a face to Eclipse…John & June

Rich Harris
    Participant

Gambit has only just been moved from Stuart FL to West Basin Marina across from Solomons Island MD on the Patuxent. Would be interested in something later this summer. I’m afraid this weekend is just too soon for us. We’re still trucking spare parts off and making her dry and more sailable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.