Forums General Discussion Mainsheet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich Harris
      Participant

I’m in the process of replacing the mainsheet, traveler and mainsheet blocks on Forget Knot.
      Currently the mainsheet is 9/16″ dia line. I’m curious to know what everyone else is running. For a main under 300sq ft, it seems like it is a bit oversized which isn’t a bad thing but I’ve got a line on some blocks that are for line that’s just a bit smaller.
      Rich Harris

Idyll Ours
      Participant

I replaced traveler control blocks with Harken and powder coated the riser blocks last year, I think my mainsheet is 9/16 also and is unchanged from previous owner.

RichCarter
      Participant

My original equipment mainsheet is 5/8″, hanging on the wall in my garage. I’ve since replaced it. Anything 1/2″ or larger should work just fine. Larger line is easier to handle and easier on the hands.

I’ve since replaced the three blocks on the boom with Garehauer blocks. These ball-bearing blocks have lower friction and make the main easier to trim. IMHO, they make the best stuff out there and they are very cost effective. I haven’t replaced the two deck-mounted blocks, the cheek-block and stand-up block, because they would be a PIA to replace.

Rich

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Rich Harris
      Participant

Guys,
      Thank you. I passed on the deal. I’ll stick with what I have and replace with new blocks soon. My blocks are serviceable for now but the traveler is on its way to the dump. I am going with Harken simply because I got a brand new pair of end blocks for a 4:1 setup for free.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.