Forums General Discussion westerbeke 63c oil pressure sender

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RichCarter 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

RichCarter
    Participant

I have a friend with a 63c engine that shows low oil pressure. I suspect a bad sender. Westerbeke wants big bucks for a replacement sender. Does anyone have a spare for sale or know of a commercial equivalent?

Rich

typhoontye
    Participant

May want to look at a replacement sender from another source. What kind of gauge is on the vessel? The maker of the gauge should supply the sender as well. My gauges are from Sierra, available from West Marine. Look just like the originals (I think). Brushed metal look bezels, white numbers on black faces. In any case, you can buy the sender from them as well, as I did for my W58. I would buy a new gauge and sender.

David
    Blue Moon

RichCarter
    Participant

the gauge set is from Westerbeke. The oil pressure gauge says “International”. A web search gives a zillion hits on International Harvester gauges but nothing generic. Westerbeke wants $80 plus shipping for the W60C oil sender. I think it’s a Mazda pickpup block from the mid-80s but I’m not sure which model. He ordered a Mazda sender, $15, but I’m not sure the resistance is what the westerbeke gauge wants.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.