Forums General Discussion Chesapeake Bay meet-up

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich Harris
      Participant

OK folks. I’d like to start planning a 424 meet up this summer in the mid-Chesapeake. I’m thinking somewhere between Deltaville and St Michaels. Possible spots I’m thinking of are St Michaels, Oxford, Solomons (partial here as it’s my home waters), St Mary’s City, Reedville, Urbanna.
      I was thinking of picking a date around some special event at one of these locations. Solomons is great for me because I can make plans for all of us and know our local waters pretty well but anywhere works for us. I think late spring/early summer might be best for comfort.
      Any thoughts on this?
      Rich

rdugger
      Participant

Rich
      We would be interested. Currently we have plans to be cruising the Bay during the month of June(ish) 2020… The spots you mentioned are usually on our itinerary. Solomons would be a great location.

Rick and Andy Dugger
      Eclipse #73
      Wilton Creek off the Piankatank (near Deltaville)

Pjfuce
      Participant

I will be traveling north from Bahamas back to NJ late may early june and would love to meet up!

Paul
      SV Spell Bound #80

Rich Harris
      Participant

I like the idea of scheduling it so those who’ve wintered over in the tropics can attend when/as they return. I’ll try to work that in.
      BTW, Never done this before, so I’m very open to help/suggestions. While I love to sit back on the boat, I’ll try to arrange for some activities we can optionally do.

dale l
      Participant

Hi Flite will try to be there. We are planning to cruise up through the Chesapeake when we get back to the states. Currently sitting in Antigua.

David
      Participant

Please include Sails Call in your plans WE are just north of the Bay Bridge, on the Magothy, so Solomon’s or points north would be great

Dave and Nancy

Attachments:
      1. P1000085.jpg

Rich Harris
      Participant

All,
      I put details on this link.

Chesapeake Bay 424 gathering June 11-14

So I don’t lose each of you, please send me an email with your desire (or at least interest to attend. So far we have 6 boats with at least a passing interest in attending. We’ll be at Solomon’s Island weekend of 12 June. details at the link.
      Rich and Sherry Harris
      S/V Forget Knot
      nsw1959@gmail.com

PS plans are coming right along!

Rich Harris
      Participant

I’ve been holding my breath that we’ll still be able to meet but with every passing day this seems like we may have to cancel. I’m an optimist, so I will not cancel until later but do expect we will have to. More to follow on this!
      If we find out that we can’t do it in June, maybe a reschedule for the fall or even push to next year.

rdugger
      Participant

Thanks for the update.
      Rick
      Eclipse

Rich Harris
      Participant

All,
      The current situation, while easing, just isn’t conducive to have the gathering. Restaurants are not opening, museums are closed. The fly-in has been postponed and the whole ordeal is disheartening.
      i propose we move the meet-up to later this year. Possibly Late September to early October.
      Any an all suggestions are welcome.
      Rich

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.