December 14, 2019 at 6:49 pm #225335
OK folks. I’d like to start planning a 424 meet up this summer in the mid-Chesapeake. I’m thinking somewhere between Deltaville and St Michaels. Possible spots I’m thinking of are St Michaels, Oxford, Solomons (partial here as it’s my home waters), St Mary’s City, Reedville, Urbanna.
I was thinking of picking a date around some special event at one of these locations. Solomons is great for me because I can make plans for all of us and know our local waters pretty well but anywhere works for us. I think late spring/early summer might be best for comfort.
Any thoughts on this?
December 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm #225336rduggerParticipant
We would be interested. Currently we have plans to be cruising the Bay during the month of June(ish) 2020… The spots you mentioned are usually on our itinerary. Solomons would be a great location.
Rick and Andy Dugger
Wilton Creek off the Piankatank (near Deltaville)
December 14, 2019 at 8:06 pm #225337PjfuceParticipant
I will be traveling north from Bahamas back to NJ late may early june and would love to meet up!
SV Spell Bound #80
December 14, 2019 at 8:34 pm #225339
I like the idea of scheduling it so those who’ve wintered over in the tropics can attend when/as they return. I’ll try to work that in.
BTW, Never done this before, so I’m very open to help/suggestions. While I love to sit back on the boat, I’ll try to arrange for some activities we can optionally do.
February 10, 2020 at 11:17 am #225442dale lParticipant
Hi Flite will try to be there. We are planning to cruise up through the Chesapeake when we get back to the states. Currently sitting in Antigua.
February 10, 2020 at 12:47 pm #225443DavidParticipant
Please include Sails Call in your plans WE are just north of the Bay Bridge, on the Magothy, so Solomon’s or points north would be great
Dave and Nancy
February 12, 2020 at 12:50 pm #225451
I put details on this link.
So I don’t lose each of you, please send me an email with your desire (or at least interest to attend. So far we have 6 boats with at least a passing interest in attending. We’ll be at Solomon’s Island weekend of 12 June. details at the link.
Rich and Sherry Harris
S/V Forget Knot
PS plans are coming right along!
April 21, 2020 at 8:05 am #225517
I’ve been holding my breath that we’ll still be able to meet but with every passing day this seems like we may have to cancel. I’m an optimist, so I will not cancel until later but do expect we will have to. More to follow on this!
If we find out that we can’t do it in June, maybe a reschedule for the fall or even push to next year.
April 23, 2020 at 9:14 am #225519rduggerParticipant
Thanks for the update.
May 22, 2020 at 7:48 pm #225552
The current situation, while easing, just isn’t conducive to have the gathering. Restaurants are not opening, museums are closed. The fly-in has been postponed and the whole ordeal is disheartening.
i propose we move the meet-up to later this year. Possibly Late September to early October.
Any an all suggestions are welcome.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.