Forums Announcements Update on the Site: IMPORTANT

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      All,
      The new site and forums are now live at https://www.pearson424.org – please visit and check them out. Apologies if you received bounce replies etc – I was working on the mailing list and inadvertently triggered a bit of a back and forth mailstorm.
      The search feature isn’t quite working as expected. The dev will be working on Monday to help resolve this.
      I’ll be working with content cleaning everything up and moving it over the course of the next few days. Incidentally, I was able to migrate user accounts and passwords for everyone, so see if you can login ok. Please contact me directly at this address if you’re not able to get logged in ok – I will attempt to respond quickly to your questions, and we could even get on Skype to resolve if needed.
      Logging in isn’t a prerequisite for the new email lists at general@pearson424.org, announcements@pearson424.org and forsale@pearson424.org, but you do need to be properly registered.
      Please update the email address you use! The old email address will not post content to the site any longer. If you have any feedback or comments, please share!
      Thanks
      Ewan

Info@Pearson 424

___
      Admin | Pearson424.org
      info@pearson424.org

Revery
      Ewan,
      I waited until the site went live to see if the problem cleared…it didn’t.
      The mail system isn’t handling special characters such as single quote and ampersand well. For example, in your message below, all the single quotes are unrecognized and replaces by question marks.
      Perhaps it only happens when Gmail processes the mail but worth looking at.

Thanks for all the effort!

Evan
      Revery

— — — —
      This message was sent to HedoValues at hedonisticvalues@gmail.com by the https://www.pearson424.org website using the WPMailingGroup plugin.
      Unsubscribe | Update Profile

Working on it!
      Ewan

___
      Admin | Pearson424.org
      info@pearson424.org

joe shimkonis
      Participant
      I had set up anew password for the site that it approved- now it doesn’t recognize it

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Shimkonis

unabated
      Participant
      Trying to reset password but the system is not sending out an email for the request.  
      Alan
      Unabated 

Sent from my iPhone

All,

The system is overloaded – we only get 300 emails an hour, and that isn’t enough.

Please be patient and things will improve!

Ewan

___
      Admin | Pearson424.org
      info@pearson424.org

All,

Quick update on the site:
      – we’re still working through this formatting issue. I know our engineer in India is tearing his hair out with it, so work proceeds accordingly.
      – we’re working on the issue where we’ll be able to add attachments to our emails, and where emails posted to the site will show up in emails.
      – we’ve increased the email limit for our site to 1500 an hour, which means we can have a rather vibrant community. We were previously constrained because we only had 300 emails an hour.
      – we still have a punch list of annoyances to deal with, including sorting out intermittent drops of email functionality, some data issues etc.
      – we’re planning a proper image gallery feature – the plugin is in place. It is just a matter of figuring out how to best implement it.

On another note:

– 55 of 176 people have logged in to the site at least once since we launched on the environment.
      – 4 – number of emails from Tor asking for more contributors 🙂
      – We’ve raised $585 from 15 contributors, and I’ve heard from a few folks who don’t use online payments

Once again, I am deeply grateful to you all for supporting this transition. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Ewan

___
      Admin | Pearson424.org
      info@pearson424.org

All,

Another site update!

1. Attachments should be fully functional. When you post to the web, or send attachments via email, they should show up in email, and post to the site.
      2. Formatting is vastly improved. It is still not 100%, but I’ve discovered our engineer is using a very old email client, which doesn’t fully support modern web standards. He’s working on it now.
      3. We’ve added more information to the footer of emails from the site so that you can follow the conversation a little better using the web. Check it out and give me feedback!

On the fundraising front, we’ve hit $650 – thank you so much for your many contributions. of our 177 registered users, 57 people have logged in to the site. 19 of you have contributed to the site – you’re AWESOME!

What would you like next?

Excited to be supporting you all!

___
      Admin | Pearson424.org
      info@pearson424.org

kalinowski
      Participant
      You’re the  awesome one for putting in the effort to update our site, which adds value for all of us!
      Many Thanks

Revery

body{font-family:Helvetica,Arial;font-size:13px}

Ewan,
      I waited until the site went live to see if the problem cleared…it didn’t.
      The mail system isn’t handling special characters such as single quote and ampersand well. For example, in your message below, all the single quotes are unrecognized and replaces by question marks.
      Perhaps it only happens when Gmail processes the mail but worth looking at.

Thanks for all the effort!

Evan
      Revery

Sent: ?12/?18/?2015 2:05 PM
      To: hedonisticvalues@gmail.com
      Subject: Update on the Site: IMPORTANT

All,
      The new site and forums are now live at https://www.pearson424.org – please visit and check them out. Apologies if you received bounce replies etc – I was working on the mailing list and inadvertently triggered a bit of a back and forth mailstorm.
      The search feature isn?t quite working as expected. The dev will be working on his Saturday to help resolve this late this evening. 
      I?ll be working with content cleaning everything up and moving it over the course of the next few days. Incidentally, I was able to migrate user accounts and passwords for everyone, so see if you can login ok. Please contact me directly at this address if you?re not able to get logged in ok – I will attempt to respond quickly to your questions, and we could even get on Skype to resolve if needed.
      Logging in isn?t a prerequisite for the new email lists at general@pearson424.org, announcements@pearson424.org and forsale@pearson424.org, but you do need to be properly registered. 
      Please update the email address you use! The old email address will not post content to the site any longer.
      Thanks
      Ewan
      — 
      Info@Pearson 424
      Sent with Airmail

— — — —
      This message was sent to HedoValues at hedonisticvalues@gmail.com by the https://www.pearson424.org website using the WPMailingGroup plugin.

typhoontye
      Participant

Hello Ewan,

Can?t login with the new password I established.  I tried the old one as well, but no joy.  I did not try to establish another (third) password through the ?lost password? process, but I can if necessary.  I sincerely appreciate your efforts!

David Tye

Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 1:05 PM
      To: typhoontye@cox.net
      Subject: Update on the Site: IMPORTANT

All,

The search feature isn?t quite working as expected. The dev will be working on his Saturday to help resolve this late this evening. 

I?ll be working with content cleaning everything up and moving it over the course of the next few days. Incidentally, I was able to migrate user accounts and passwords for everyone, so see if you can login ok. Please contact me directly at this address if you?re not able to get logged in ok – I will attempt to respond quickly to your questions, and we could even get on Skype to resolve if needed.

Logging in isn?t a prerequisite for the new email lists at general@pearson424.org, announcements@pearson424.org and forsale@pearson424.org, but you do need to be properly registered. 

Please update the email address you use! The old email address will not post content to the site any longer.

Thanks

Ewan

— 
      Info@Pearson 424
      Sent with Airmail

— — — —
      This message was sent to typhoontye at typhoontye@cox.net by the https://www.pearson424.org website using the WPMailingGroup plugin.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.